Friday, October 8, 2010

October is Lovely

This is one of my favorite times the year. Jeans +Tshirt + Light weight hoodie= perfection.
The weather could not be any better. The sun is shining and theres a cool breeze- it almost makes living in this town pleasant...almost. ha ha

I'm STILL missing home but what else is new. I am half way thru this semester, thank Goodness.

Mumford & Sons Concert is November 4th...to say i am excited would be an understatement


These men are so so talented and I'm a weee bit OBSESSED with them. Cant wait to see them with Ginny Bug and Skankarilla :) It will be epic.

Another reason I love October= these suckers

They are interfering with my plan to eat healthy though. I had two this week...TWO! I dont even want to know the amount of calories in them and yet I kinda do....o hell, I'm going to look it up real quick...310 whooping calories...AWESOME..... They were so worth it!!

Keeping with the pumpkin theme i'm super stoked to make these awesome cookies next week for our nursing fundraiser. I hope they are as tasty as they look!!!! I LOVE FALL!!


Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 brown sugar
3/4 granulated sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
pinch freshly ground nutmeg
pinch mace
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Method
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add pumpkin and beat well. Then add eggs and beat well. Finally add vanilla and beat well.

3. Mix together dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, about 1/3 at a time and mix well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula.


4. Spoon batter onto cookie sheets that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or lightly buttered. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let sit for one minute after removing from oven. Then cool on wire racks.





1 comment:

  1. hey sweetie! thanks so much for the comment, its good to hear from you and im glad to know you have a blog. ill be reading as you write :]

    ReplyDelete